August 30 - September 8, 2023
It would take a lifetime to explore all of the diving available in Indonesia. Not just because of the vastness of the country but because of all there is to see:
- Sheer vertical walls teeming with life
- Healthy coral gardens with vibrant sea life
- Coral-encrusted wrecks with large schools of fish
- Intricate and unique caverns and tunnels
- Night and drift dives
- Muck dives
Some consider this area the best in the world for muck diving. Discover the world’s weirdest and most unique critters often masters of camouflage. Do your research beforehand, then minimize your fin action so as not disturb and then go slow and look very closely.
Discover one of the most species diverse locations in Indonesia, reputed for the Komodo dragon, the largest lizard species on earth. The island also forms part of the Komodo National Park and is only one of seven locations in the world with pink sand beaches (white sand mixed with red foraminifera). Dive Komodo’s world famous site Manta Alley where you can spot up to a dozen oceanic manta rays swirling through a feeding station. The Cauldron, also known as Shotgun, is a swift drift that will send you on a ride to remember. The night dives in Komodo are one of the highlights with colorful nudibranchs, crustaceans, eels, frogfish and octopus.
- Number of dives: 20 - 25
- Highlights: Manta rays, ocean sunfish, pygmy seahorses, ornate ghost pipefish, eagles rays and dolphins
- Reefs: 260 reef-building corals; 70 sponges and 1,000 fish, wall dives, pinnacles, sea mounts, shallow reefs and deep swim-throughs, tidal changes currents originate from deeper, cooler water holding large amounts of nutrients and planktonic organisms that fertilize reefs
- Shore excursions: Komodo dragons in Komodo National Park, pink sand beaches
- Skill level: Advanced open water, mostly drift diving due to currents, recommended at least 50 dives experience
- Water temperature: 79 – 85F, 25 – 30C
Your voyage will be on the 132-foot Pinisi-style dive ship, Aurora. Nine spacious double-occupancy cabins include private baths, all meals and diving. Aurora contrasts the old-world charm of this scuba diving liveaboard with modern day creature comforts. World-class service provided by a 1:1 ratio of guest to crew!
Click this link for a trip itinerary!
Does not include:
- Full board on MSY Aurora in double occupancy private en-suite cabins
- All meals while on-board the Aurora
- 2-3 day dives and 1 night dive per day
- Dive guides, tanks and weights/belts
- Labuan Bajo Airport to dock transfers in port of call
- Coffee, tea, juices, sodas.
- Airfare to Bali
- Hotel the night prior boarding Aurora (recommend arriving one day prior)
- Airfare to Labuan Bajo (usually $150 - $200)
- Tip for Crew
- Scuba gear, rentals available at the Arizona Dive Center
- Beer and wine is available for purchase on board
- Espresso is available for purchase on board
- Nitrox (can be purchased separately)
Trip Leader - Darren Bernard
- Trip Price: $4400 (Double Occupancy)
- Single Occupancy Price: $8090
- Deposit Required; $600. Click here to process your deposit.
- An additional payment of $1100 is due February 1st, 2023
- Final Payment due April 1st, 2023